Labyrinth (Superbit Collection), The Man Who Fell to Earth (Special Edition) and Absolute Beginners.
And we're hooked to the silver screen...
A rash of David Bowie DVDs are about to be made available to the region 1 (USA/Canada) territories. Firstly, The Man Who Fell to Earth (Special Edition) double disc is released today through Anchor Bay, and you can find out a bit more about the impressive list of extras by going
The Labyrinth (Superbit Collection) which was due last week seems to have been delayed, though you can still pre-order it online, and Absolute Beginners (due April 15th 2003) can also be pre-ordered via the usual outlets. You can check out all the technical guff for all three of these DVDs via those same outlets. I would post it here, but frankly it's far too dull and I don't want to clog the news pages with it.
While we're on the subject of DVDs, BowieNetter and film buff, Rus Phillips, recently posted a piece from British Video/DVD trade mag VHE (Video Home Entertainment) who published this chart of the year's top ten selling DVDs:
1.The Eminem Show - Eminem
2.Greatest Video Hits - Queen
3.Live At The Albert Hall - Robbie Williams
4.Unbreakable, Greatest Hits - Westlife
5.Kylie Fever - Kylie Minogue
6.BEST OF BOWIE - DAVID BOWIE
7.The Best Of 1990-2000 - U2
8.The Song Remains The Same - Led Zeppelin
9.Complete - The Jam
10.Live In Sydney - Kylie Minogue
Thanx for that Rus, and apparently BoB is still selling very well indeed. While we're on the subject of BoB, I still get regular e-mails regarding those hidden extras that have come to be known as Easter Eggs. So, courtesy of EMI, here ya go:
- 'Oh! You Pretty Things' (Old Grey Whistle Test, Take 2) - DVD 1: click on 'Play All', every second time the alternative version will appear.
- Interview with David Bowie and Russell Harty (before 'Drive-In Saturday') - DVD 1: click on the hyphen on the tracklisting display.
- Screen ad for forthcoming Ziggy Stardust DVD - DVD 1: click on the lightning bolt logo on the tracklisting display.
- 'Jazzin' For Blue Jean' (21 minute promo) - DVD 1: click on the ) symbol on the tracklisting display. You will notice the picture change on the right hand side. Highlight and click to play.
- 'Blue Jean' (MTV performance recorded at The Wag Club) - DVD 1: whilst you are playing the 'Jazzin' For Blue Jean' video, when the girl goes to the jukebox (at 1'40"), click on Enter when you see the David Bowie image appear.
- 'Day-In Day-Out' (Extended Mix) - DVD 2: click on 'Play All', every 2nd time the Extended Mix will appear.
- 'Miracle Goodnight' (remix) - DVD 2: play the 'Miracle Goodnight' video, wait 5 minutes on the tracklist display and click Enter.
- 'Seven Years In Tibet' (Mandarin version) - DVD 2: click on the Mandarin symbol on the subtitle page.
- 'Survive' (live in Paris 1999) - DVD 2: click on 'Play All', every second time the live version will appear.
Phew... That's the lot, did you find 'em all?