WHEN: 6:00PM THURSDAY JULY 18TH
WHERE: VIRGIN MEGASTORE UNION SQUARE NYC(14th & Broadway)
Mick Rock's newest photography book Blood & Glitter evokes the style and spirit of the 1970s Glam Rock era. The photographer has taken pictures of such icons as David Bowie (who has also written the foreword), Iggy Pop, and Lou Reed.
A Q&A session with Mary Huhn from the New York Post will be followed by Mick Rock signing copies of his book Blood & Glitter. You must buy the book at Union Square Megastore in order to have Mick Rock sign it.
Whereas most celebrated music photographers can claim to have documented a moment in music history, Mick Rock is one of the very few who could claim to have defined an era. Having lived at the centre of one of the most exciting and outrageous periods in the history of rock, Mick Rock was integral to the Glam story. On the scene at the right time, his pictures both document the moments and defined the era. Now, for the first time, he has brought together his images and memories of the period 1972 to 1977 in Blood & Glitter.
- Be a BowieNet reporter for a day!
- 2 winners will be chosen to cover the Mick Rock book signing at the VirginMegastore in NYC.
- 2 runners up will receive copies of Blood and Glitter.
- Winners will get to snap photos, interview fans and others in attendance, get an autographed copy of blood and glitter, and meet Mick Rock himself.
- Contest winnners will be drawn on the 17th and notified by email
- Winners will provide their own equipment to photograph, interview, etc...
- PLEASE ONLY ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN TRANSPORTATION TO THE EVENT AND ARE 100% SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND
Click here for more info on the Virgin Megastore NYC.