Diamond Gods are poachers and they hide behind trees...
Those lovely folx over at
Officially out last Monday, this is one of the better Bowie covers compilations released in recent years...and there have been quite a few. Here's the track-listing for 'Diamond Gods':
01. Iva Davies and Icehouse: 'Loving The Alien'
02. EN: 'Life On Mars?'
03. Brix Smith: 'Space Oddity'
04. Blondie: "Heroes" (Live)
05. Bellatrix: 'God Knows I'm Good'
06. Tacye: 'The Man Who Sold The World'
07. Tim Bowness and Samuel Smiles: 'I Can't Read'
08. Buster Bloodvessel: 'The Laughing Gnome'
09. The Aries Parallel: 'Panic In Detroit'
10. Hazel O'Connor: 'Rock 'n' Roll Suicide'
11. Dead Eye Dolls: 'Real Cool World'
12. Nico: "Heroes"
13. The Nine: 'Loving The Alien'
14. David Fisher: 'Memory Of A Free Festival'
One of the more interesting recording's made especially for this CD is by a woman who once cut David Bowie's hair. Her name is
The song she performs on 'Diamond Gods' is 'Rock 'n' Roll Suicide' accompanied only by harp and voice, and sounding like Marianne Faithfull, with a hint of Lulu, backed by The Swingle Singers! But what I want to know is the title of the aforementioned song she released as a 12" only bonus track back in the early Eighties? A clue is that I wouldn't exist without this particular song. There, I've gone and made it far too easy.
Answers by this time next week from a BowieNet e-mail account only (as always) to MrTotalBlamBlam@AOL.Com with a subject line of "Hazel's Bowie cover". We'll announce the winner on the Eighth Day...rather contrived pun definitely intended. };-)
While we're on the subject of odd women singing Bowie songs...