Maybe, I'll slay a dragon for you...
David Bowie's 'Golden Years' makes an appearance on the soundtrack album, 'A Knight's Tale', due on the Sony/Columbia label on May 8th. The rather bizarre tracklisting, considering the film's subject matter, is listed below:
01. Queen - 'We Will Rock You'
02. War - 'Low Rider'
03. Bachman-Turner Overdrive - 'Takin' Care Of Business'
04. David Bowie - 'Golden Years'
05. Heart - 'Crazy On You'
06. Eric Clapton - 'Further On Up The Road'
07. Rare Earth - 'Get Ready'
08. Sly & The Family Stone - 'I Want To Take You Higher'
09. Thin Lizzy - 'The Boys Are Back In Town'
10. Carter Burwell - 'One Of Your Own'
11. Robbie Williams and Queen - 'We Are The Champions'
12. Dan Powell - 'Pieces'
13. Third Eye Blind - 'Eye Conqueror'
The film itself, due in the summer, follows the adventures of a Medieval squire, William (played by Heath Ledger), who, after his Master dies unexpectedly, decides to try jousting and hits the road with a couple of friends. An unknown writer named Chaucer agrees to forge genealogy papers to provide William with a fresh history that will pass him off as a knight. With an acceptable pedigree now in hand, the young squire sets out to prove himself at jousting competitions throughout the land. Finding time, of course, to be chivalrous on the way.