“Oh man, I need TV”
With just a couple of days to go till the Memory of a Free Festival 2014 event in Beckenham on Saturday (http://smarturl.it/Beckenham2014FBevent), we have an updated list of all of the very desirable items kindly donated for the auction.
In case you haven’t heard yet, the very lovely Tony Visconti has not only donated the print he is holding in the picture here, but he has also offered himself up as host of an exclusive one-on-one lunch date at The Groucho Club in September!
Here follows Tony’s description of the Bowie print he is donating...
“Here is the print before I sign it. The photo was taken 14 September, 1998. We were recording vocals for Safe In This Sky Life and Mother. We needed to borrow the Shure “Elvis” mic and the owner agreed as long as we had a photo of David singing into it. To my surprise he said yes and struck a cool pose. He liked the photo, Photoshop was new and I tried to turn it into a work of art. He liked that too. Although 1998 isn’t that long ago this photo kind of catches the mood of the time -- digital photography, Photoshop manipulation and a microphone I frequently used in the 1950s. I’m sure everyone reading this knows that David and El share the same birthday too.”
Below is the full auction list followed by Tony’s conditions for the lunch date.
Updated Memory of a Free Festival 2014 auction items
~ Signed by Bowie Love Is Lost white vinyl 12" (2014 signature)
~ 2004 tour poster designed by Rex Ray, signed by both Bowie and Rex (2004 signature)
~ Limited edition 2002 Heathen CD in album packaging with a signed-by-Bowie promotional postcard (2002 signature)
~ Lunch with Tony Visconti at The Groucho Club in September (See conditions below)
~ Photo of Bowie taken by Tony Visconti and signed by Tony, as described in note from Tony, above
~ Signed by George Underwood Ziggy Stardust characters badge set
~ 1 Holy Holy ticket for sold out TMWSTW 17th Sep show
~ 2 Holy Holy tickets for 21st Dec, with backstage access
~ Duffy tour edition Aladdin Sane print (eyes open and closed)
~ Duffy framed Aladdin Sane triptych
~ Duffy/Bowie Five Sessions book by Kevin Cann and Chris Duffy
~ Framed 1969 photo of Bowie at free festival, signed by photographer David Bebbington
~ Bowie and Hutch book signed by author John 'Hutch' Hutchinson
~ Signed Reeves Gabrels & Bill Nelson CD
~ Signed Reeves Gabrels CD
~ Signed CD by Keith Christmas
~ Humble Queen CD signed by Bridget St John
~ Jolie Madame CD signed by Bridget St John
~ Rock 'N' Roll Suicide RSD pic disc
Conditions for lunch with Tony Visconti
1. Lunch will be Friday, 12 Sept, 1 PM at the Groucho Club. If the winner can't be available on Friday then Saturday is the contingent day, it's the only other time I can do it. It will be at another restaurant in that case as the Groucho doesn't serve lunch on Saturday, but it will be somewhere nice in Soho. I am paying for lunch.
2. I am having lunch with only the winner, not a couple, friends of the winner, etc. It's just a one on one lunch.
3. I am looking forward to a friendly conversation, but no sound or video recording of our lunch will be permitted. I will have to be satisfied that no open or secret recording devices will be in the winner's possession.
4. Our waitress or waiter can take a snap of us to commemorate the meeting, no other third party can take photos.
5. That's it, very simple. I'm looking forward to a great time.
See Mary Finnigan’s press release here on DavidBowie.com