“And the next day, And the next, And another day”
Congratulations are due to David Bowie with the news that his The Next Day LP was the most purchased album in the UK’s independent record shops during 2013, according to the Official Charts Company’s year-end sales data.
The chart has had a bit of a shuffle since we posted it back in October, but one thing has remained constant and that’s David Bowie’s position at the top of it.
As well as The Next Day finishing at Number 1 on The Official Record Store Chart Top 40, it also placed at Number 23 on the overall Official Biggest Selling Albums Of 2013 Top 40.
Unlike the Official Albums Chart however, The Official Record Store Chart is compiled exclusively from sales in independent record shops who participate in Record Store Day.
Here’s the final Official Record Store Chart Top 10 Of 2013
01. David Bowie 'The Next Day'
02. Arctic Monkeys 'AM'
03. Daft Punk 'Random Access Memories'
04. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds 'Push The Sky Away'
05. Queens Of The Stone Age 'Like Clockwork'
06. The National 'Trouble Will Find Me'
07. Boards Of Canada 'Tomorrow's Harvest'
08. Mumford & Sons 'Babel'
09. Jake Bug 'Jake Bugg'
10. Vampire Weekend 'Modern Vampires Of The City'
Read the full item over on officialcharts.com